The only thing I have already are my sofas, shown below (top left). My walls are still white, my floors a dark hardwood, and I can really do anything I want - it's a blank canvas .I know I love the white and cream look with metallic accents so that is what I am planning to do. Here are the items that I have decided on so far:
Starting from the top left, going clockwise:
My sofa: Gorgeous and super comfortable. It looks like it would be more of a "pretty but not cozy" sofa, but this thing is super plush and insanely comfortable. Plus, it's so easy to clean! I am absolutely loving this, and have 2 of them.
Ikea Lamp: I've seen this lamp on various decor blogs and love it! See here and here for examples.
Ikea Bar Stools: I've been looking for ages for bar stools that are actually comfortable and can't find anything else, so these are the ones I've decided on. I wanted soft ones that have a bar and a place for your feet, and I sat on these in a local Ikea and they are comfortable enough to pass my test!
CB2 Chill Media Console: Brings a dash of modern back in the room with it's glossy paint and because it's very low to the ground. I will have my TV sit on this for now. Eventually I might get something custom built for this space, but for now I want something that works with the rest of the room. I would think that this might clash with the cream sofa and the wooden coffee table, but I found a blogger who has this along with a light sofa and wooden kitchen table and it looks beautiful all together!
Gold (and silver) accents: I love metallic accents in neutral rooms.
Colorful accessories, like coffee table books, flowers, and pillows: Might as well go colorful with the accessories since the rest of the room is super neutral!
The only thing I haven't figured out yet is my coffee table. There are so many options that I like and that can give this room a slightly different feel, so I thought making a collage and seeing them in addition to the other pieces would be a good way to figure out what I want.
1) Ikea Lack Side Table. I saw a really cool picture where someone had taken two of these little guys and put them side by side for a coffee table. I thought it looked so cool.
2) Ikea Klubbo Coffee Table. A little more modern than the first option since it has the metal edge.
3) Ballard Designs Durham Cocktail Table: Different than the other options, but I've seen this paired with a light sofa and the CB2 chill media console shown above and it looked really nice all together. Here it is, you can see a wooden table in the bottom right, the media console on the top right, and the light sofa and walls:
4) West Elm Box Frame Coffee Table. Another option that I really like.
5) Ikea Lack Coffee Table. Just another idea, instead of doing 2 of the Lack Side Tables.
In order to see what these coffee tables will look like in a room, I put together this collage:
Clockwise from top left:
Ballard Designs Durham Cocktail Table
Ballard Designs Durham Cocktail Table (again)
West Elm Box Frame Coffee Table
The sofa I have, so you can see what it looks like with a coffee table like this in front of it.
The Ikea Lack Side Table, put side by side as a coffee table. Picture-wise this is my favorite, but remember my sofa is a light cream, not dark like this one.
So... I need your opinion. Which option (of these) is your favorite, considering what other pieces I have or am going to get (shown in the top picture)? I'm getting to that point where I am just going to close my eyes and point at one to pick it if I can't make a decision soon - my living room needs some love, ASAP! Leave me a comment with what you think would look best - I would love you forever!